Friday, April 11, 2014

Under The Hammer - ex Alistair King Manx Norton

Well, it's that time again; The Bonham's Auction at Stafford, and the collection of machines for sale is certainly impressive. It looks to me as if there's a very well rounded representation of different marques that are up on the chopping block and after browsing every machine in the listing, my absolute favorite is of course this ex Alistair King 350 Manx Norton.


It's certainly no secret by now that I'm a Norton guy, and the Manx is of course the pinnacle of all Norton motorcycles and holds a very dominant presence in motorcycle racing history. It's also not much of a surprise that I'm an Alistair King fan, so upon seeing this fine machine, I'm blown away by the fact that it's up for sale, and simultaneously depressed in the fact that I have absolutely no way to afford it. But, Bonhams does a nice job in supplying photographs, so I thought I'd share one here. I won't bore you with the details, as you can surely read the listing for yourself. But, it's important to note that both Joe Potts and brake guru Joe Dunphy had both laid hands on this machine.

If you'd like have a look at the listing for this bike, click the link: Manx Norton

And here's the link for the listing of all machines that are going Under The Hammer: Complete Listing

No comments:

Post a Comment