Thursday, July 4, 2013

The List

Ok, I'll admit, this is basically a shameless "Want Ad" for the bits that I'm looking for in order to continue building my Norton Dominator. But it's my little corner of the internet, so I'm not apologizing for it. I'm guessing this is a bit of a long shot since the people reading these pages are most likely just my friends, and they already know the parts that I need. But you never know, maybe somebody out there stumbles across this and just happens to have something on the list.

Here goes:

Norton 650 cylinders (68mm bore with or without a spigot)
Norton 650 crank shaft
Norton timing cover (with oval tach drive mount that faces up and down rather than on 45 degree angle)
Lucas K2FC magneto (dated 1959, 1960 or 1961)
CMA 8 leading shoe front brake / hub
Robinson 4 leading shoe front brake / hub
Manx Norton magnesium conical rear hub
Manx type alloy fuel tank and alloy central oil tank (for wideline featherbed road frame)
Amal GP carbs (matched set, must be left and right handed)
Webco high flow fitting for Amal Monobloc
Dunstall Rearsets
Manx or Wassell seat (looking for both wideline & slimline featherbed versions)
Manx tapered swingarm
Featherbed center stand
Dominator outer Primary Cover (preferably painted black)
Original Dominator seat cover (even if it's torn up - I'll be using it to upholster a smaller Manx seat)
Scholtz rocker spindle covers
Ian Kennedy top yoke
John Tickle or Paul Dunstall clip ons and headlight ears

Most of the above listed items are for the Dominator project, but a few of them are for my Atlas, and one piece is for a featherbed single which I'd like to build down the road. I'd like all of the above mentioned items to be original or period pieces, rather than replica bits. All should be in original condition and not bead blasted. Also, I really need items that are in the best condition possible. All items will be rebuilt / restored, and I'm not afraid to work on these pieces, but they need to be serviceable so that the motorcycle can be safely ridden.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for these pieces. I know what they're worth, and I'm not looking to low ball anyone. Certainly finding things here and there at a deal of a price is a good thing, but I know what I'm looking for, and I'm willing to pay a proper price. I also have some things that I'd be willing to trade.

It's time to dig through the parts bin and take stock of things you won't be using. If you've got something, please drop me an email at works.moto@gmail.com
Thanks
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment